They make the quilts for the Lutheran World Relief. When you make and send a Quilt, you are not only comforting someone you have never met, but providing an object that is useful in ways you probably never imagined. In addition to being a cozy, clean new bed cover, it can be:
- a baby carrier, tied around a mother’s back;
- a market display, spread on the ground and piled with vegetables;
- a sack for transporting those goods to market;
- a sunshade;
- a shawl; and most importantly
- a constant reminder that someone, far away, cares a lot.
This is a group of individuals who enjoy working with their hands and creating wonderful quilts.
The quilters most commonly meet on Wednesdays at 9:00 am in the Fellowship Hall once a month.